1/26/21

Gorgo vs. Konga


The trailer for Godzilla vs. King Kong is finally online.  My opinion?  I feel like a basic mark, but I don't have any complaints.  Kaiju flicks - or "giant monster movies" as they are known in North America - are 90-minute time machines for me.  If not for the pandemic, I'd be there opening night scarfing down popcorn like a peckish raptor.  Alas, the pandemic.  By the film's release date (March 26), the public may feel more inclined to attend such events as film screenings and music festivals, but barring further shutdowns, should they?  I mean, we?  I'd love to think that we're on the right track.  Argh.

Enough about the daily news (with Lester Holt).  This trailer does drive home the point that if you don't want any part of a film spoiled, you might as well forsake your Internet connection.  Look, I can't blame anyone, and eventually, I would have figured it out for myself.  I'm a little surprised that it didn't hit me sooner.  Granted, fans are merely guessing, but it makes too much sense.  Whatever, Trevor.

PS-I'm rooting for Big G!  I do love them both.  And yeah, they will both probably survive, but let me have my sophomoric fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment