9/24/23

Considered Live

Death Metal Parking Lot

It's a good thing I don't have a traditional 9-to-5 job to attend every morning because I slept in like a champion.  Obviously, I had a late night.  Went to a rad show with my cousin (pictured above).  I mentioned the bill on Friday, but if you weren't paying attention, the bands in question were Blood Incantation, Gorguts, Mayhem (with and without cloaks), and the mighty Cannibal Corpse.  This was my third time seeing CC, and yep, they were predictably awesome.  They opened with "Evisceration Plague."  Man, I can appreciate how hard it must be putting that setlist together, as the guys are now sixteen albums deep.  They did manage to throw in a few curveballs among the staples, namely "Disfigured" and "Pounded into Dust."

My neck is dead.  George isn't kidding when he tells the crowd that they will fail (miserably) to keep up with his headbanging.  He should donate his neck muscles to science, though I suppose he would want his corpse to be destroyed in the most violent way possible.  As for the other bands, everything sounded fantastic.  Of course, I picked up merch.  After I bought a Blood Incantation shirt, the dude behind the table gave me a Gorguts shirt for free (!).  I also grabbed a signed copy of Corpsegrinder's solo album and popped it in on the way home.  All in all, 'twas a grand evening.

Blood Incantation

The Corpse

No comments:

Post a Comment