1/19/12

I may post this on a semi-regular basis...

No Smackdown review today. I did watch it, but for the most part, there wasn't much in the way of storyline progression. Besides, I wanted to talk about something else today. 2011 came and went like Sin Cara. I'm not sure where the year went, but I realized that it was the first year where RR Inc. was active for 365 consecutive days. I started this site in late 2009, and 2010 was curdled by a debilitating surgery. The word "setback" doesn't begin to describe it. For months, I was dormant. My physical issues sucked the spirit right out of me.

Eventually, I breathed life back into the site and shifted the focus of its content. To be perfectly honest with you, I don't know how I have managed to update this sliver of the net on a daily basis. Friends have helped along the way, but the main thing that keeps me going is the (delusional?) hope that there are people who enjoy frequenting my online pad and look forward to seeing what I'll churn out next. It's an ego trip.

Unfortunately, the written word is dead. How so? It's dead in the sense that I can't make a living writing reviews of random films, records, comic books and weekly wrestling shows. Ten years ago, this site would have been fairly popular. Nowadays, video reviews are all the rage. It blows my mind that The Nostalgia Critic and The Cinema Snob pay their bills by doing what I do. When you break it down, I'm not that different from those guys, but who wants to fucking read? I'm not in a position where I can produce a professional web series, so every once in awhile, I ask for donations in a non-threatening manner.

What I'm trying to say is GIVE ME MONEY OR I'LL RAPE YOUR PETS! That's all I'm saying. Can RR Inc. continue for another year without donations? Sure. That's not the point. The point is...um, there has to be a point around here somewhere. If you dig my site, please consider supporting it. It doesn't have to be a monetary donation. You can donate DVD's, comic books, whatever. Just drop me an e-mail, and I'll provide you with my address.

Do it for Dink's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment