11/20/21

Lamberto Bava's DEMONS is My Spirit Animal


That right there.  That image represents my interests in pop culture.  It's a three-ring hippodrome.  Venom symbolizes (symbiolizes?) heavy metal, Carnage betokens the horror genre, and hey, what are they doing?  They seem to be engaged in a struggle.  Could they be...wrestling?  It's my block of text, so I say that they are, in fact, wrestling.  To me, this ternion of hobbies makes logical sense.  If I loved ghouls (I do), wouldn't it follow that I jammed out to Ghoul (I do), a death/thrash band?

In recent years, it has become fashionable for raw black metal projects to write songs about vampires with wacky, pretentious titles (personally, I favor Forbidden Citadel of Spirits' "Moonlight Cast Upon Thy Waters of Sorrow").  Wrestlemaniac is a 2006 slasher that blends arm drags and arms being dragged from their stumps.  Point being!  Well, I guess my point is obvious, so why is it so hard to find like-minded folks?  I've met metalheads who can't stand horror films.  And vice-versa.  What gives?

Wrestling is an acquired taste.  I can understand not jumping into that cesspool, although I could make the argument that watching old episodes of Nitro is no different than watching a b-movie.  Still, I get it.  This business about metal and horror...guys, they are made for each other.  Peanut butter and jelly!  Burgers and fries!  Yikes pencils and blowjobs!

I had to get that off my chest.  I've got a Blood Capsule and another Cannibal Corpse review in the convection oven.  Stay fucked!

PS-I haven't actually seen Wrestlemaniac.  I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment