1/27/22

Interview: Lydia Manson

Yep!  I do interviews now.  Notables from the film industry (and the music business) are more accessible than ever in 2022.  I'd be cracked not to take advantage of this unprecedented creature comfort.  The first batter up to the plate is budding horror starlet Lydia Manson.  For further info, check her out HERE and HERE.


Generic question, but what is your favorite horror film of all time?
My favorite horror film would have to be Nightmare on Elm Street. I think this is my favorite for a lot of reasons, first of all because it’s the first horror movie I remember watching as a child. Second I really like it because I feel like it as far as really “mainstream” horror goes I think it’s the most relatable if that makes sense. I mean we all have dreams that’s something we can’t avoid so I always see Freddy as being the most realistic as far as a villain goes.

What is the first fright flick you remember seeing and how old were you?
Ha! I just kinda answered this! But I think I saw Nightmare on Elm Street for the first time when I was about 5 or so.

You're still fresh on "the scene," but what project are you most proud of?
This is such a hard question to answer because I’m proud of all the work I’ve done so far! But I would have to say “The House That Eats Flesh” because I put so much work into that project and I honestly can’t wait to see the finished project and share it with everyone. 

You have a producer credit on The House That Eats Flesh.  Would you like to do more producing in the future?  What about directing?
As proud as I am to have been Producer on The House That Eats Flesh right now I want to focus on my acting. I want to really focus on developing a good technique, like you mentioned before I am still fresh on the scene so I still have a lot to learn. However I am working on a screenplay so I eventually would like to direct that one day but not for a long time.


What kind of music are you into?
I mostly listen to Rock music but my musical taste is all over the place. I have playlists for every mood pretty much. Bands that I am really into right now include I Prevail, Rob Zombie, Badflower, Korn, Citizen Soldier, and My Darkest Days just to name a few.

QUICK!  Coke or Pepsi?
Definitely Pepsi.

I'm going to assume that Lydia Manson is not your birth name.  If I'm wrong, feel free to immolate me.  How did you choose your stage name?
Of Course it’s my real name 😉

Tell me about your current and/or upcoming features.  Open-ended, I realize, but inquiring minds want to know!
My next project that I will be filming is “Reunion from Hell 2” where I will be playing Alaina. I get to work with Lisa Wilcox, Mark Payton, and Danny Hassel all Nightmare on Elm Street alumni so I’m pretty excited about that! After that I have a few conventions lined up which are always a lot of fun! I think I enjoy those the most because I get to go in my cosplays. 


QUICK!  Pizza or burgers?
Hmmm does the pizza come with wings??? Oh gosh I don’t know!! This is tough I love food!! I can’t pick!

What is the best independent horror film you've seen in the last five years?
I would have to pick the Orphan Killer. Now I just have to see the sequel!

Will you be making any convention appearances in 2022?
Yes! I will be at The Cult Classic in Bastrop TX in February. Followed by Monster Mania in Cherry Hill NJ where I will be with my friends from Troma. And then NJ Horror Con in April again with Troma.

QUICK!  Freddy or Jason?
Freddy all the way!!!

Do...do you like me?
Of course I do!! Who wouldn't!!!

Thanks to Lydia for taking time out to answer my dinky questions.  She's a good egg.  I'm giving her the Random Reviews stamp of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment