1/5/22

Readin'


Yesterday, I partied with Christmas gift cards that I had not used yet.  Namely, I partied at Barnes & Noble.  I still have a hangover from the iced lemon loaf and...Sprite.  Thanks to Mom for holding back my hair during my vomit sessions.  So what did I procure at B&N?  Reading material!  I've never been one to designate New Year's resolutions, but I do have a low-pressure declaration for 2022.  I want to put more time aside for reading.  Satan knows that I have plenty to read.  Hell, I had plenty to read before yesterday.  I have compounded my "problem," though as the quotation marks suggest, this is a decent problem.

Print is dead, but that will never keep me from picking up horror magazines.  I bought issue #39 of Screem (sic).  I just started perusing its contents.  Currently, I'm poring over the unique career of producer Sam Katzman, the bloke who commissioned the production of 1956's The Werewolf among a few other drive-in titles.  I was surprised to learn that he turned his nose up at monster movies.  Producing 1957's The Giant Claw will do that to a man.

In terms of fiction, I got my claws on Clive Barker's Books of Blood: Volume One...super stoked!  I hope that I can find time to read it before the baby gets here.  Oh, no one is pregnant.  I'm not even seeing anyone; I just try to set realistic goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment