6/22/22

You can download MUSIC?


I feel old.  Every day, I feel older.  As I understand it, I'm actually aging as time progresses?  I don't buy it, but at the very least, I feel ancient.  My heart will always live in 1995.  For example, I just purchased an album on Bandcamp, bypassing the tangible.  It's an honest-to-Satan download!  Er, some of you may have beaten me to the punch by 20 years or more.  I don't know if I'm proud or not.

Look, I'll always prefer having the album in front of me, but due to a myriad of unforeseen circumcisio...stances, circumstances, it simply makes more sense to absorb my jams through digital osmosis.  So what was my inaugural acquisition?  Inexorum's Equinox Vigil, a serious contender for Album of the Year.

I've been on a rabid, spirited black metal kick as of late.  Specifically, melodic black metal.  Vigil is supreme meloblack.  It's also supremely polished, but the songwriting is there.  It's autumnal to the core, whereas 2020's Moonlit Navigation (my pick for 2020's top record) spoke to a more frigid climate.  It's rad.  The layered guitar harmonies are fucking medicinal in their ability to restore the soul to its default setting, that being one of calm and stillness.  Or something to that effect.

I'm a gentleman, so I'll LINK you directly to the source.




No comments:

Post a Comment