6/19/22

IL

In baseball, it used to be called a "disabled list."  To fend off woke millennials, it was renamed the "injured list."  By the way, coming from an actual disabled person, the addendum...eh, it wasn't necessary.  You can call it the "fucked list" for all I care.  I mention it because I'M INJURED!  To make a very long story mercifully short, I aspirated pneumonia in late April.  Almost died.  I was hospitalized for roughly seven weeks.  I wasn't discharged until this past Monday.

If I sound awfully pragmatic about it, it's only because I'm fuckin' over it.  I just want time to speed up, to put one foot in front of the other.  I will say (for the sake of human interest) that in the process of determining a diagnosis, I ended up with two brain operations, a tracheostomy, a random fractured leg (unrelated), and other cartoonish misadventures.

I was planning on shooting boring YouTube videos that would plot out the whole debacle and explain everything in excruciating detail, but again, I'm wanting to move on.  I don't need to relive something I describe as a "debacle."  Ideally, I'd pick up where I left off and post a movie review tomorrow.  That's not realistic, though.  I'm still finding a groove.  My life feels new and foreign right now.  I feel...weird?

There was a period of two days (roundabout estimation) where I was unconscious.  It's a void.  A gulf.  Anything I did, say, one year ago?  Feels like ten years ago.  The entire hospital stay is blurry, even the parts I vividly remember.  Told ya I feel weird.

So when will RR Inc. return to its normal programming?  I have no idea.  Maybe a week.  Maybe never.  I can tell you that I no longer feel like an authority on horror films.  Was I ever?  That's not the point.  My perception is skewed.  I am WAY out of the loop, at least as it relates to modern horror.  Meaning, if or when the site returns unadulterated, it will be weirder and more random than ever before.

PS-The most likely scenario is a "soft reboot."  I'll probably post easy, small things here and there.  And I'm done typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment