10/8/20

Geek Out #142



This is utterly divine.  Slice-of-life footage taken in 1996 (disregard the title on YouTube) at a Spirit Halloween store...!  I am a worryingly nostalgic man by nature, so this video is deep-fried crack for a plaintive sap like yours truly.  There are a couple of things worth noting.  First off, look at the size of the joint.  As one of the employees states, it's late in the season (I believe the tape was recorded on the 30th of October).  That space was typically voluminous with wares to peddle.

Also, today's Geek Out serves as a double feature.  The last four minutes chronicle a Danzig autograph-signing at a record store.  Same year, same season.  I gotta tell you, seeing an honest-to-Satan record store plucked out of time from back in the day when people actually purchased compact discs is almost too much for my nerd erection to handle.  I know it's 1996 because The Zig is promoting Blackacidevil (and I spotted a poster for Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar).  The mid-90's were magic(k)al, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment