3/11/23

Album Cover of the Whatever


I wouldn't normally post the cover of an album that hasn't even been released yet, but I reserve the right to call an audible when the album in question is this tubular.  Ever heard of VoidCeremony?  They play technical death metal.  As it happens, they count among their ranks Damon Good (Mournful Congregation, StarGazer) on guitars and Philippe Tougas (Atramentus, Chthe'ilist, oodles of other projects) on guitars/vocals.  In 2020, they dropped a lean nebula smasher entitled Entropic Reflections Continuum: Dimensional Unravel.  It was gnarly enough to wind up on my year-end list of metal favorites, and if the purple jewel you see before you is any indication, the follow-up is going to be a serious contender for all sorts of spurious awards (I need a cheesy name for my best-of rankings...the Dommys?).

For the record (specifically, this record), I'm gushing about Threads of Unknowing.  The street date is April 14th, and I'm hoping that a CD/t-shirt bundle becomes available.  That logo needs to be somewhere on my person.  This is where I inform you that I wasn't paid to advertise squat, although I'm not above being a soulless shill for the right product.  Are you listening, Coca-Cola?

No comments:

Post a Comment