3/26/23

My B-Movie Spectacular Under the Stars

The pre-party.

So for several weeks, I've been planning a shindig where the root idea was to watch an old-fashioned b-movie outside, drive-in style.  That turned into procuring a 14-foot inflatable screen (big thank you to Brian for the projector, by the way), which turned into popping A LOT of popcorn, which turned into inviting friends and calling it an event.  I'd say it went off without a hitch!  Sure, attendance was a little low, but I'll probably do this again in October.

We watched 1957's The Brain from Planet Arous, an inspired selection, if I do say so myself.  Special thanks to Bobby for the technical assistance and for being an all-around awesome dude.  And thanks to Mom for providing refreshments, including adorable ketchup and mustard squeeze bottles (!).  And thanks to Dad for babysitting Lily (his giant granddaughter).  Like I said, there will likely be another B-Movie Spectacular Under the Stars (trademarked), so if you missed this one, A: you basically suck and B: you should start prepping for the as-yet-untitled Halloween-themed sequel.  Costumes optional?  Hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment