4/8/24

Rassle Inn #49


Well, that was entertaining.  I watched the second night of Wrestlemania 40 with a friend, and we both agreed that it felt like the ending of an epic, grandiose movie.  There were cameos, loose ends were tied up, and of course, we got the satisfaction of seeing the forces of good prevail over the forces of evil.  I want to make one thing clear, however.  This could have happened at last year's Wrestlemania.  The delay was ultimately pointless, and plus, that would have freed them up to chase after Rock vs. Roman (not to mention the fact that people would have embraced it, too).

I'm not trying to be the sole voice of dissension just for the sake of negativity.  But!  The words of a wise man (no, not that wise man) are ringing in my ears on a busy, percolating Monday afternoon.  After Wrestlemania 39 had ended with a whimper, he offered the following: "Just picture over 80,000 frenzied fans waiting for the moment - the tacit permission given by storytelling - to explode into a quasar of cheers, only to be socked in the gut and left flat."  That's what happened last year, and no one can convince me that it was the right move to make.  That's old news, though.  Let's enjoy Cody's run with the belt, even if it only lasts for a couple months.

The rest of Wrestlemania 40 was rock solid.  Jey Uso superkicking the piss out of his brother was really the only weak spot.  We bore witness to El Generico's finisher.  Bayley's redemption arc came full circle.  The Undertaker chokeslammed The Rock...!  Yeah, I'd say it was a fun show.  As a sidenote, be sure to watch the Bray Wyatt documentary that premiered on Peacock.  It's a tough sit (emotionally speaking), but it's definitely worth your two-hour investment.  I guess that's all I have to say.  I suppose I could comment on Tony Khan's latest ratings ploy.  Nah, I'll save it for a future installment of Rassle Inn.

Raw starts soon.  Now that will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment