11/29/11

Parts Unknown #89: Raw


The "holiday edition" of Smackdown just ended. Raw is old news, and I could justify moving on, but I skipped it last week. Maybe it's masochism, but I feel like I need to chime in on the red brand. Where is this show heading? Will Cena ever turn heel? Will Brodus Clay ever make his debut? Will Vince go one day without second-guessing himself?

PROS

~ Well, at least they're teasing a heel turn. At some point, they had to acknowledge the fact that their top face is booed everywhere he goes. Piper did his job. Cena did his job. But what did this segment accomplish?

~ I don't know if I'll ever be a Mizfit, but it makes sense for him to end JoMo's WWE career. I still can't take him seriously.

~ The Orton/Ziggler match. Not much to say here. Eh, I should have reviewed Smackdown.

~ Daniel Bryan is gaining momentum. It's too early for a title reign, but he's on the right path.

~ The main event. This is why CM Punk should have been the WWE Champion since Money in the Bank. The image of this company should have been rebuilt around Punk the way that it was rebuilt around Stone Cold in 1997. The question is, have they missed the boat? Is it too late to get the rest of society excited about wrestling again?

CONS

~ The Diva's.

~ Look, another meaningless match between Zack Ryder and Jack Swagger. Yawn. Again, Ryder should already have gold around his waist. Pull the fucking trigger.

Wake me up when Kane returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment