4/25/12

Matches That Time Forgot #35

It has been far too long since I posted an NWA match.  Let's take a gander at some old-fashioned tag team wrestling circa 1989.  We have The Road Warriors versus The Samoan Swat Team (a.k.a. The Headshrinkers before they were The Headshrinkers).  Sweet piss, that crowd is hot.  To be honest, they would probably clamor and vociferate at glass-shattering decibels regardless of the in-ring action.  These beer-swilling rednecks are revved up, and they are ready for wrasslin'!  In all fairness, I would be just as disorderly in displaying my overt, unabashed love for high-octane ass-kicking.

You already know about The Road Warriors.  Most of you are familiar with Fatu and Samu, but damn it, they are criminally underrated.  I'm repeating myself, I know.  In fact, I may have praised this neglected team in this very column.  If that annoys you, stop reading.  The Headshrinkers existed under different names for the better part of a decade.  They won major championships in several territories, not to mention WWF.  I guess my infatuation stems from the fact that they were consistent workers boasting a cool gimmick.  As for this brawl, L.O.D. handles the bulk of the offense.  It is what it is.

Duck!  It's a Freebird run-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment