8/22/17

Wrestles


NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III, Summerslam, Raw, Smackdown Live and tomorrow, NXT.  That's a lot of wrestles!  I think I've made it clear that I find NXT to be astonishingly more consistent than WWE. They're almost different companies.  Brooklyn III was the best Takeover event yet, in my humble opinion.  Summerslam was Summerslam.  Bloated, lustrous, bogged down with cold matches...in other words, half of the card was meaningless.  Sitting here right now, I can't even remember who John Cena beat.  Oh, Corbin.  Why did they wrestle again?  Why did Orton essentially squash Rusev? I'm being honest when I say that I can't fucking remember half of Summerslam.  SUMMERSLAM!  Isn't it supposed to be, like, memorable?

And yet, it wasn't outright substandard.  Smackdown is finishing up as I type, and it seems as though they have filled the Cena void.  I won't spoil anything here, but I'm optimistic going forward.  Apologies to those who don't follow wrestling; the next post will be an NXT Round-Up, which has (inadvertently) become a bi-weekly column. Argh, what do you care?

No comments:

Post a Comment