9/7/20

Rassle Inn #8


I admit it.  The top image was included for the sake of humor, but clearly, it's not funny when a wrestler's cranium smacks concrete and "concussion protocol" becomes necessary.  If you're up to date on your Rassle Inn news (snicker, snicker), you know that Matt Hardy suffered a scary injury at this past Saturday's All Out.  He was unconscious for at least thirty seconds.  Fans and "journalists" were critical of Tony Khan for the way he handled the incident.  And I get it.  The match didn't need to be restarted.  However, this is where I play the devil's advocate.

Why do wrestling promotions have doctors on staff?  Why does Khan pay professional medical personnel to be on-site?  He listened to the doctor.  The doctor conducted tests and said that Hardy could continue.  Should he go with his gut and put his opinion before the advisement of a licensed physician?  Technically, I don't believe he did anything wrong.  If you think there should be a policy instituted that states a match must be expunged once a competitor blacks out, I could get behind that.  That might be where we are heading.  Thankfully, The Multifarious One seems to be okay, and I don't foresee this being an issue again.

Elsewhere on the card, titles changed hands.  We knew that Page and Omega were going to split at some point, but we didn't know how or when.  This angle has been subtle, perhaps too subtle, but it has been intriguing.  I want to keep watching.  Shida/Rosa was rock solid, though it wasn't quite as spectacular as Rosa/Deeb.  So like, sign Serena Deeb!  AEW's women's division could use a few more pure workers.  Injuries and a certain pandemic took a bite out of the roster, but hopefully, we'll see folks such as Shanna and Kris Statlander back soon.

Overall, the main event was probably the best bout of the night.  While I would have put the strap (ooh, listen to that insider lingo) on MJF, at least the finish gives him a valid gripe.  The door is open for a rematch.  I loved the storytelling through and through.  Honestly, I don't have anything more to add.  Raw is on mute to my left and I reckon it's softening my brain.  Did Cedric Alexander just join The Hurt Business?  Why?  The Riott Squad will be participating in two handicap matches?  Why?  "Raw Underground" still exists?  Why???

I vote we elect a representative to clean that place out.


No comments:

Post a Comment