7/16/21

A Cripple Faps at Night


I don't have "write a review" time today.  I do have "write a little something" time lobbed atop a scintilla of "fap violently" time.  I kid, I kid, I tell the truth, whatever.  One of the episodes of Joe Bob's Last Drive-In (renew that Shudder subscription) gives prominence to 2014's A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.  This Iranian block of vampire noir received a squillion accolades upon its release.  I'm just now catching up with it and...yeah, it definitely exists.  I did love the black-and-white cinematography, the focused cast, and the unique mood.  Really, the key word is "unique."  A Girl doesn't feel like any other film I've seen in recent years.

All of those lovely provisions cannot atone for a pace slower than an octogenarian wearing ankle weights.  Couple that with a fairly skeletal plot and cut to me zonking a snooze.  The 101-minute runtime doesn't help.  I can see why A Girl made waves, but she didn't move me much.

No comments:

Post a Comment