7/31/21

Slice THIS!


That's fuckin' Sting.  This past Wednesday night, I was approximately 40 feet away from the man, the same bloke I watched every Saturday morning as a tyke.  It was hard to process in the moment.  I hadeen to one AEW event before, but this time around, I was ringside (a few rows back, granted).  There are a few other pictures, but it wouldn't look orderly if I slapped all of them beneath this text.  My plan is to upload them to Facebook.  Afterwards, I'll edit a LINK (click that sumbitch) into this jeremiad.

Traffic was ludicrous.  I was convinced that we would arrive late, but through some sort of sortilege, we were able to catch most of Dark: Elevation.  Since the return to touring, I was wondering how the hell tapings of both Dark and its high-rise sibling fit into, y'know, the allotted window of time.  Pretty easily, as it turns out.  The Big Sh--er, Paul Wight came out to provide color commentary for Elevation, Dynamite exploded, and finally, the crowd was sent home happy with oodles of Dark matches.  It should be noted that we left just as Dynamite went off the air.

I keep saying "we."  Remember, I'm a nerd (in a wheelchair, no less).  Thus, I was accompanied by my mommy!  In all seriousness, I couldn't have enjoyed this little trip without her.  Pardon me if I repeat myself (she joined me when I caught a Ring of Honor show in 2017), but she's a champ.  Wrestling isn't her bag, although she does like certain guys/gals.  I can say with conviction that she did NOT care for the garbage violence.  L.  O.  L.

Blood doesn't bother me, but I've never been impressed by madcap backyard daredevils.  Nick Gage is...um.  Look, I understand that he can wrestle without muskets and harpoons (now that would be a fucking match), but personally, I'm not a fan.  I'm honestly surprised by the sheer number of fans this guy drew to the Bojangles Coliseum.  I don't get the "psychology."  Fuck Domino's, though.  Their pizza sucks anyway.

I don't have much else to type on the matter other than holy shit, Adam Page is over.  Tony Khan needs to strike while the iron is hot.  Because dude, it's hotter than Anna Jay and Penelope Ford spending seven minutes in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment