4/21/22

Break Pending


Once in a blue moon, I'll become ensnared by the oncoming traffic of life and be forced to cancel this project or that project.  I don't like it, but it does happen.  For example, I was hoping to have a review of 1985's Girls School Screamers posted by, like, now.  Clearly, it didn't come to pass.  Do you want reasons or excuses?  I have both, but in all probability, you're not too concerned.  You might enjoy my little write-ups, but you don't see the occasional gaffe as the end of the world.  Neither do I, although I'm harder on myself than is necessary.  NOTE TO SELF: The world is absolutely ending.

It has gotten to the point where I schedule "offseasons" whenever I feel the stress of writing grip its constricting grip around my throat.  I feel a break coming on.  Just letting you know.  I won't actually take a break without letting you know beforehand, so cool your jets.  As for my targeted terminus, I want to finish my Cannibal Corpse discography review ahead of the sabbatical.  Hmm, what's the right word for it?  A respite of sorts, stationed betwixt a coffee break and a maternity leave...I mean, I'm not your mother, but I need my caffeine, you dig?

PS-Screamers is a sleepy slasher that doesn't make a lick of sense.  Apart from the stylish prologue, it's not worth ferreting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment