7/14/22

Blood Capsule #125

VICIOUS LIPS (1986)

I watched this motherfucker with a friend earlier today.  If I had watched it on my own, I'd be in Hell right now.  I'm not intimating a presumptive suicide; I'm alluding to a murder/suicide that only happened in my imagination.  The murder victim?  The above anteater, a "character" who introduced himself before throwing to an all-female rock band.  In space.  See, it was at this moment that I realized I had just wasted 80-ish minutes of my life.  My friend was a tad more forgiving, but you're not reading his review.  Ostensibly, 1986's Vicious Lips is about a girl who joins the film's forked rendering of The Bangles after winning a talent contest.

All of this happens in space, by the way.  And if your b-movie is futuristic, you can get away with a few lapses in logic.  Lips, however, takes a powder and forsakes logic in the same way that God has forsaken me by execrating my home with this heinous hydra.  It's bad enough that the pacing is, shall we say, disinclined, but nothing makes sense.  NOTHING.  Dream sequences are sprouted within dream sequences.  The snozberries taste like snozberries!  Paul (the forgiving friend) wanted me to dive deeper into the plot, but I'd rather drag my cock across asphalt.  Ahem...I did not care for this motion picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment