1/30/13

Black Lagoon, eh? Is that the one where Brooke Shields gets naked?


I haven't pinned down what it is that makes us buy multiple versions of films we already own, but I know it has something to do with vanity.  Realistically, I don't need another copy of 1931's Dracula sitting in my bedroom.  The same goes for the other Universal Horror classics.  And yet, I had to (HAD to) procure the Essential Collection Blu-ray set.  Something interesting I noticed...American consumers have been quietly ripped off.  This glorious box of black-and-white nobility will cost you over $100 on Region 1.  The UK doppelganger is approximately $45 less.  The discs are region-free, and despite the gap in monetary value, I haven't found any differences between the two sets.

That's kind of shitty.  Still, I'm psyched to own these films on Blu-ray.  There is a good chance that I'll review The Mummy and The Invisible Man, seeing as how it's been years since I watched them.  More on this story as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment