1/9/13

Zagatile


I've been watching a lot of movies lately.  I don't have time to review all of them, so I thought I'd comment on a few of them.  Don Dohler's The Alien Factor is priceless schlock.  The various creatures made my millennium, and I appreciated the wonky twist ending.  I also revisited Friday the 13th parts V and VI.  Solid fucking slashers.  I realized that Tommy Jarvis is to blame for "zombie Jason."  Seriously, he single-handedly caused the tragic deaths of a hundred teenagers by exhuming a grave for no practical reason.  What an asshole.  Horrible (a.k.a. Absurd a.k.a. Monster Hunter) is a mediocre driblet of Italian horror.  The monster is just some guy who looks like he could be the bassist for Fleetwood Mac.

AVP is underrated, while AVP: Requiem is accurately rated.  The Predalien hybrid wasn't as regal as it should have been.  Still, I love the image of a xenomorph loitering on the premises of a Papa John's location.  NOTE TO SELF: Give their pizza another try.  Don't hold grudges, unless they involve American remakes of Japanese horror films.

No comments:

Post a Comment