9/26/16

Dead Links #18


I can't remember how, but I stumbled upon this rad art blog yesterday.  Art blog???  Put down your suitcase, you zonked transmigrant.  Monster Brains is fucking cool.  It's called Monster Brains, for Mary's sake!  The dude behind it all spends "many hours tracking down artwork, scanning, editing, cleaning up and formatting" the pieces he showcases.  As you can imagine, these abstractions - whether they are paintings or sculptures - share certain qualities. They are bizarre.  Creepy.  Boffo.  Thus far, everything I've scoped out is incredibly obscure (then again, I'm not much of an art buff).

He uploads in chunks by artist.  Take Per Krohg, for example.  I gravitated toward his style, which I would describe as "kvlt as shit." He was Norwegian.  Of course.  I'm providing a cropped section of one of his watercolors.  Actually, I have no clue if it's a watercolor or not; file that guesstimation as a ballpark figure.  No, file it a guesstimation.  Sounds less ridiculous.  Jesus.  BTW (Break The Wallydrag), click a few of the wild images on the right-hand side of the page.  You'll see more bedlam including righteous VHS covers...!


No comments:

Post a Comment