9/20/20

A Band: Order of Ennead


I listened to both Order of Ennead albums last week and a question smacked me in the capitulum.  Whatever happened to Order of Ennead?  They released a dyad of killer records in the span of three years and then...nothing.  Not a peep!  Mind you, they never broke up.  Over at Metal Archives, the unit is still listed as "active," but they're as active as my sex life.  Which is very!  Oh, I'm swimming in sweet 'tang.  I fuck so much, why, it's almost like I don't fuck at all.  Illusory, chimerical fucking.  Yes.  No.  I'm sorry you had to read that head trip vagary.  My cock is flaccid with disappointment.*

A little background information might help.  Ennead began life as Council of the Fallen, a black/death metal collective fronted by Kevin Quirion.  When Deicide drummer Steve Asheim joined the fold, the band changed their name to Order of Ennead (an agnomen inspired by mythological hooey).  Musically, I would describe them as melodic black metal.  The guitar solos are plentiful, and if you know me, you know that's a surefire way to stroke my--goddamn it, why do I keep writing about my dick???

Moving on, man!  Asheim is a badass behind the kit, the riffs are singular, and none of the songs wear out their welcome.  I should point out that these cajoleries mainly pertain to the first album, a self-titled affair birthed in 2008.  2010's An Examination of Being isn't an arrant lemon, but it's not as varied as its predecessor.  It needs a follow-up.  I have no doubt that this column will galvanize the members and lead to such an endeavor.  I have connections.

*My own cock!  Disappointed!  In me!

No comments:

Post a Comment