12/3/21

Cherry Pop's Ice Cream Shop

Fucking Blogger is being difficult at the moment.  It won't let me upload ANY images, which will be a quandary tomorrow when I write my next movie review (it's a doozy).  I'd like for you to see the cover art, at the very least.  As for tonight?  Ice cream, comic books, and soda pop!

Yo!  I just wanted to recount my visit to Cherry Pop's Ice Cream Shop(pe), a snazzy joint that opened in the past year.  It's located in downtown Catawba, thirty minutes from my abode.  That's a "special occasion" distance.  This time, the occasion was...well, I had never been there before.  Dude, this isn't just any ice cream vendor.  The 50's throwback theme may be old hat, but who cares?  This place offers delicious sundaes, bubbly water in glass bottles (both Pepsi and Coke), a superfluity of candy, and comic books!  You read that right.  I bought a couple of Marvel titles from 1990.  The selection is limited, but I'm not going to complain when I'm enjoying a lollipop and reading a random superhero comic from the 90's.

That's filed under "fuck yeah" between the ridges of my brain (no, this isn't a paid advertisement).  Blogger is filed under "fuck you" until they can get this image problem fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment