12/12/21

Rassle Inn #25


Gimme an F!  Gimme a U!  Gimme an N!  What's that spell?  I can't hear you!  C'mon, your current  location, you can do better than that.  WHAT'S THAT SPELL???  That's right.  We're having fun, although it used to be easier to garner a cheap pop in this intermediate cornfield of nihility.  Heh, I called the world wide web a cornfield.  That's how you know I'm playing the heel.  I'm still having fun, which is the subject of tonight's concursion.  Are you having fun yet?

I don't keep a running tally of professional wrestling programs.  I don't rank every episode of Raw or Dynamite.  Nevertheless, I feel that this past Wednesday's telecast of AEW's Dynamite was one of the best yet.  I bring up fun because it's an elusive element of entertainment that seems to enjoy slapping me around.  I kid you not; I haven't had that much fun rubbernecking rasslin' since my high school days.  Everything from CM Punk's heel (!) promo to MJF working against type put a dense, doltish beam across my face.

The wrestling landscape should be exclusively chipper right now, but Ring of Honor is holding a PPV event on the brink of certain uncertainty.  The strait-laced promotion is closing its doors, kinda-sorta.  Starting next year, ROH won't have any contracted talents.  I'm not sure how that's going to go down as it relates to the champions (poor Rok-C just arrived), but chum, um, vector sum, net income, ummmmm...

...pond scum?

No comments:

Post a Comment