6/16/24

Discography Diving


Does anybody else do this?  Discography diving is not unlike dumpster diving, I reckon, but it can be rewarding.  What you do is you pick a band, preferably a band that has amassed a substantial catalog.  Maybe it's a band you've been meaning to get into and just haven't for some reason.  Sear Bliss is the example I'll be using for this demonstration.  I feel like I need a projector.  Next slide!

So Sear Bliss.  They're a Hungarian atmospheric black metal band, and I noticed they had a record coming out soon.  That's what prompted me to check them out, though I have yet to listen to any of their modern stuff.  I went back to their debut, 1996's Phantoms.  Right up front, I can tell you that this album is superior to the Ben Affleck movie of the same name.  Actually, it's awesome.  Unspeakably awesome.  Allowing for the new one, they have released nine full-lengths, so I predict more diving in the not-too-distant future.

Man, dig that guitar solo in "Aeons of Desolation."  Yowza.  The demonstration is over.  Hey, it's a sleepy Sunday.  What do you want from me?

No comments:

Post a Comment