1/4/11

Parts Unknown #23: Raw


Wow. Last night's Raw felt like a PPV. There were two main events, and each one lasted twenty minutes. It was awesome. I saw a few things that I've been asking for, namely a win for The Uso's. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

PROS

~ The Falls Count Anywhere match between John Morrison and The Miz for the WWE Championship. There were so many killer spots. The crossbody off of the giant logo, the Starship Pain onto a table, the elevated knee to Alex Riley's face...if you'll notice, all of those moves were executed by Morrison. I'm not saying that Mizanin is an inadequate wrestler. Far from it. I'm just trying to call attention to Morrison's tempered athleticism.

~ The Diva's match. I dug Eve's new finisher. Melina shouldn't have been pinned, though.

~ The Uso's beat the champs in a non-title match! This means that they'll probably be getting a title shot (sooner than later, I hope). The writers are finally wising up to the potential behind this feud.

~ The Nexus promo. Have I told you lately that I love CM Punk?

~ The R-Truth/Alberto Del Rio match. Actually, the match was subpar (it looked like Truth tweaked his arm), but I like the fact that Vince is inching closer to unifying Raw and Smackdown. I've never been a proponent of brand extension.

~ The triple threat cage match. All three men worked their asses off. I knew that Randy Orton would become the number one contender, but the match was still exhilarating.

CONS

~ Not applicable.

No joke. This is the first edition of Parts Unknown that doesn't need a "cons" section. Yes, I did say that the bout between R-Truth and Alberto Del Rio was subpar, but nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the show. If there is anything negative to say about it, it's that we don't get shows like this often enough from the WWE.

No comments:

Post a Comment