2/4/12

Parts Unknown #97: Smackdown


Hold up, playa. We're gonna have ourselves a Smackdown review! And it's gonna happen...next!

PROS

~ Cody Rhodes is good, but if creative had anything for him, he would be great. I loved how he upstaged Sheamus and made his Royal Rumble victory look nugatory. "I did all the work." His mic skills are improving each week, it seems. The resultant match was excellent. They worked in a number of fresh moves (I'm growing weary of established talents cycling through signature spots without introducing new offense), and their timing was downright scientific. Are my eyes deceiving me or did Sheamus cop David Otunga's finisher? Back to the drawing board, Mr. Hudson.

~ Daniel Bryan heeling it up. He doesn't have CM Punk's natural charisma, but his promo was entertaining.

~ I dig Tamina. Of course, that doesn't mean much. If Vince ever decides to have a real women's division, she could be a dependable workhorse.

~ I'll list the Orton/Barrett match as a pro by virtue of its smooth execution, but I'm sick of seeing these two brawl. What is this, their fourth encounter in less than a month? Also, I disagree with the clean pin. Why build up Barrett's "barrage" if you're just going to feed him to your pet snake?

~ A.J. sighting! More please.

CONS

~ Khali, huh? Yeah, I don't get that. I'd rather have Jinder Mahal in the Elimination Chamber.

~ Will Santino tag with a different goofball every week for the foreseeable future? If so, I'll take advantage of Microsoft Word's suicide note template. Oh, there isn't one? Well, I guess I can customize the cover letter template.

~ Mom, this isn't your fault. Oopsy-daisy! I thought I had switched over to the suicide note. Anyway, Natalya's fart gimmick strikes again. She's probably typing up her suicide note right now.

Fuck you, world. Damn, I did it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment