8/30/21

It's a graveyard smash!


Holy mills (in a general sense), Batman!  The idea for Monster Mash cereal isn't exactly novel.  Didn't we all create it as kids? But the fact that it's a real, tangible thing in 2021 is pretty fucking rad, if I do say so myself.  I love the box art.  I've seen a lot of it today.  Apparently, our local Walmart was low on merchandise (!?), so entire rows were littered with horror-themed breakfast pickings.  It was a surreal sight.

As for the cereal itself, it's...okay.  First of all, does the item's intrinsic noshability matter?  It exists; that's enough for me.  I'm not going to complain.  If I were to grumble about something (hehehe), it would be the banal flavor.  All I taste is Frankenberry.  I've read that some consumers can only taste Boo Berry.  I dig the pink patchwork of strawberry-salted cadavers, but I was looking forward to celebrating all five characters.  Hmm, "celebrating" is an unfortunate word choice.  I am going to die alone SO HARD.

At the very least, we can begin to Halloween (which I am now making a verb) in August.  Three months down, nine to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment