6/27/23

Aftershocks


While you wait for my next review (thank you for your patience; I'm being lazy), I thought I'd mention that this past weekend's Forbidden Door PPV was worth the price of admission, if only for the IWGP United States Heavyweight bout between Kenny Omega and Will Ospreay.  Seriously, that match shook Toronto to its core.  In fact, someone should check to make sure the CN Tower is still standing.  It marked the first time in years that a concatenation of false finishes actually fulfilled their intended purpose and didn't just needlessly prolong the fight.  And that's another thing.  It felt like a damn fight.  Well done, boys.  You reminded me why I'm a pro-wrestling fan.

Am I engaging in hyperbole?  Maybe a little, but I'm a product of the modern age.  I encourage you to stream Forbidden Door so that you can form your own opinion.  I found the main event to be slightly disappointing.  Considering that The Rainmaker and The American Dragon were in the ring, expectations were perhaps unfair.  Still, a weak submission finish?  It deserved the non-reaction that it got.  I would be looking forward to Money in the Bank, but I cancelled my Peacock subscription not too long ago.  If Io Sky doesn't grab the briefcase, I riot.

No comments:

Post a Comment