7/28/12

Matches That Time Forgot #41

Yet another tag team match? Yes. Get over it. Look, I don't know why I'm moderately obsessed with tag team wrestling. I wasn't keen on it as a child. Sure, I thought that Demolition and The Headshrinkers were badass, but I didn't pay much attention to the division as a whole. I wasn't even galvanized by the Attitude Era's profusion of favorable tandems such as The Acolytes, The Hardy Boyz and today's subject of interest, The New Age Outlaws. The Road Dogg and "Badass" Billy Gunn complimented each other so well, that they became the most auspicious pairing of WWF's most auspicious period. Here, they battle...er, The Holly Cousins.

Honestly, I'm ambivalent when it comes to Crash and Hardcore. They served their purpose. I'm amazed that just two years earlier, Bob Holly was still a spark plug with an obscene haircut. For what it's worth, this is an enjoyable match replete with hot tags and an attentive crowd. I'm telling you, Kip and B.G. could do wonders with the WWE Tag Team Championships in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment