5/28/24

An experiment...

Had an idea.  We'll see if it's readable.  Let me know if I should do this again in the future.

Last Movie I Watched (that I didn't review)

1960's The Amazing Transparent Man...I've been trying to take in more straight science fiction as part of a balanced fanboy diet.  This crime thriller was kinda-sorta based on H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man.  Universal fixture Jack Pierce helped with the make-up effects.  The storyline sees an ex-military magnate bust a notorious safecracker out of prison.  He wants to orchestrate the ultimate uranium heist.  Or radium.  Plutonium?  The idea is to use a scientist's invisibility ray to assist in conducting grand larceny.  Of course, he's also holding the scientist against his will.  It's a lot of plot, but this is a cool little flick.  And I do mean "little"; it clocks in at a scant 58 minutes.

Last Album I Listened To

Sepultura's Beneath the Remains...I don't know what cosmic force impels us to revisit certain tunage, but I'm glad it does.  For years, this record hovered in one of my blind spots.  I dug it, but when it came to Sepultura, I always preferred Arise.  Now?  I'm not so sure.  This is a lean, muscular thrash attack.  Every song is killer.  Here and there, I'll pick up on clean guitar passages that add dimension to the whole affair.  I still love Arise, mind you.  I'll even listen to Roots, but I have to be in the right mood.  At the moment, my favorite track is "Mass Hypnosis."  Wouldn't it be weird if this thing clocked in at 58 minutes?  I mean, it doesn't, but wouldn't that be weird???

Last Wrestling Show I Watched

Raw...I'm grasping at straws, but I wanted to try to throw all of the main ingredients of the website into a single post.  Actually, I didn't watch all of Raw, but I will say, I'm totally here for Liv Morgan's eventual heel turn.  Now I can say that Dom and Liv are an item.  Ha!  Unrelated - aside from Bron Breakker, are any of the NXT call-ups over with the WWE Universe?  Like, at all?  You could hear a pin drop during the Creed Brothers match.  I hate saying that because I'm a bit of a tag team mark.  But Jesus, give us a reason to care.  And The Final Testament is just not working.  I guess I'm ending the experiment on an ambivalent note.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment