5/12/24

I met Darcy and Joe Bob!

Photo credit: Bobby (from Bobby's World)

Yesterday, I attended a very cool event with one of my best buds.  Joe Bob Briggs hosted a unique double feature (Bubba Ho-Tep and Donnie Darko) at the Carolina Theatre of Durham, and of course, he signed autographs on top of peddling his wares.  He also hosted a Q&A.  I had been rehearsing a question all day, but I got gun-shy.  Actually, I got shy all over the place.  Did I even say words to Joe Bob and/or Darcy?  I honestly have no idea.  I intended on introducing myself as a budding horror critic, but the whole experience was a blur.  Having said that, it was an awesome blur.

PS-I did slip my business card across the table.  There is a chance, albeit remote, that Joe Bob and/or Darcy will see this write-up.  Great, now I'm nervous again.  In summation, Joe Bob was incredible.  We could have listened to him yammer for hours on end.  The movies were icing on the cake.  The drive-in will never die!!!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'd love to meet the two of them one day. Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing! 😺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I met JB and Darcy a couple of years ago at FrankenCon and they couldn't have been nicer. Wish I could have made it up to Raleigh for this event. Sounds like it was an awesome time. I'll be sure to check out some of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete