5/10/24

Now Playing #12

Endonomos - Endonomos

Credit YouTube for this one.  I wish I could remember the dude's name, but...nope, nothing.  Damn.  Basically, this was his recommendation, and I'll leave a link if I figure out his identity.  Do you like death/doom?  If so, this album should be your next purchase.  Vocals are split between unholy growls and sullen cleans, often multi-tracked.  A point of reference?  Imagine if Crowbar played death/doom.  The opening riff of "Weary" has Kirk Windstein written all over it.  It's worth mentioning that I haven't seen anyone else make this comparison, so I could be talking directly out of my anal cavity.  I don't think so, though!  Anyway, yeah, you need to hear this record right now.  It came out in 2022, and according to Metal Archives, they recently released a single featuring Daniel Droste of Ahab fame.  Huh, I didn't know that.

Listen to "Theft" OR just download the whole thing on Bandcamp.  I'll make it easy for you.  Click HERE.

Edge of Sanity - Crimson II

It's kind of astonishing that this was essentially a solo project.  Dan Swano deserves his own federal holiday, if you ask me.  In doing research on the man himself, I was faced with the realization that some people...don't worship Dan Swano?  How is that possible?  This is, like, the third or fourth time that I've been on an Edge of Sanity kick in my adult life, and I'm working off the assumption that most other earthlings can say the same thing.  Oh, if you didn't know, this is a progressive death metal masterpiece.  FACTOID: Because this album was released in the salad days of file-sharing, its sole track (a 43-minute composition) was fractured into bite-size smithereens.  Sound strategy, but it didn't work.  I vividly remember being exposed to Crimson and Crimson II through Kazaa (or maybe it was LimeWire).

At this point, I might rank Crimson II over Unorthodox or Purgatory Afterglow, but it's splitting hairs.  I advise checking out Swano's back catalog.  He's a jolly good fellow, end of.

No comments:

Post a Comment