11/22/10

Paul Bearer is tied up in my basement...


Just thought I'd post a few thoughts on Survivor Series. Overall, I thought it was one of the best PPV's of the year. It was heavy on wrestling and light on talking (for WWE anyway). In my opinion, the bout between Daniel Bryan and Ted DiBiase Jr. for the United States Championship was the match of the night. It wasn't the longest match (I don't think it was even the second longest), but it was seamless and it cast a favorable light on the fortunate son. DiBiase wasn't boring for once. As I said last week, his newfound aggression is a much-needed character tweak.

Surprisingly, the Kane/Edge match was the "bathroom break" portion of the show. It was achingly slow, and the crowd wasn't into it at all. And why was there a draw? Just give Edge the belt. Honestly, I skipped over most of the traditional 5-on-5 elimination tag match. Did anyone give a shit about it? I'm glad that Chris Masters was a part of it, but he didn't even outlast Tyler Reks.

One of my favorite bits was the handicap match between Natalya and LayCool. Why? Because Natty won! Not only that, but Beth fucking Pheonix came out after the match and kicked some ass. Yo, Vince! Beth versus Natalya at Wrestlemania. Make it happen. These two chicks can finally restore credibility to the Diva division.

I'll be back tomorrow with my Raw review. This week, you can expect to see a review of an Argento classic on the site plus the return of The Soda Jerk! Technically, this drink isn't a soda, but fuck it. It's close enough. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment