11/9/10

Parts Unknown #6: Raw


This week's episode of Monday Night Raw left a bland taste in my mouth. I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. That said, I do have a few opinions on what went down last night.

PROS

~ The opening segment was too long, but it was well-acted. I have finally warmed up to Wade Barrett. He's one of the best heels in the WWE, and while Cena's reluctant tenure in The Nexus bored me at first, I'm starting to appreciate it.

~ The Uso's picked up a win! These second-generation high-flyers should be the next tag champs. Aside from The Dudebusters (the most underutilized tag team in professional wrestling), The Uso's are my favorite pairing in the WWE. Drop Tamina (she can be Santino's valet) and place the belts on the waists of these sly Samoans.

~ It looks like David Otunga is on his way out of The Nexus. Good. He's terrible on the mic. I don't see myself ever liking this guy.

~ The Goldust/Ted DiBiase Jr. match. It's reassuring to see Goldust dominate one last feud. His botched wedding with Aksana on NXT and all of her craziness is an amusing angle to have on the side.

~ I enjoyed the Cena/Otunga match, although I'm probably the only one. At least Cena is expanding his moveset.

~ The main event. Lots of action.

~ Again, I'm probably the only one, but I thought that Santino's tea party was hilarious. I can't believe that Koslov earned his very own chant. Is this program wasting everything that Sheamus brings to the table as a performer? Yes, but I'm hoping that we'll get a sick match out of it between the human jar of mayonnaise and John Morrison at Survivor Series. Make it happen, Vince!

CONS

~ Speaking of Vince, where the hell was he? Now that he's out of his coma, I want him back on Raw laying down the law!

~ The Diva's match...was a Diva's match. Alicia Fox needs to be canned.

~ If you're going to break up The Hart Dynasty, then do it already. They've been dancing around it for a month now. Shit's old.

~ No surprises, no twists, hardly any storyline advancement...I expected more this close to Survivor Series.

I listed more pros than cons, but overall, this was a dull episode. Still, I was entertained for two hours. Next week's Raw will be a 3-hour "old school" special. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment