11/19/10

Slithis


It's late, and I want to go to bed, but before I retire, I feel the need to jot down a couple of paragraphs about Slithis. Years ago, I would have spent hours writing a detailed review of a movie like this, but there are only so many ways you can describe a cheap b-movie. This one concerns a radioactive mud monster. It doesn't look quite as cool as the creature on the poster, but it's cool enough. According to the IMDb, the rubber suit was sewn onto an actor every day because there were no zippers. I'm not sure why they put so much effort into the construction of the addled humanoid. You can barely see the damn thing.

That may be my biggest gripe here. Slithis is so dark, that I couldn't tell if our mucky monster was killing his victims or if he was fisting them. One death sequence, in particular, is dandified in a red filter. Either that or the editor accidentally dropped the film in cough syrup. This is a talky picture. The boring characters have a lot of boring things to say. We spend way too much time with people who are picked off in the very next scene. Man, Slithis should have been my type of b-flick. It's just bad. It's not good. Can you tell that I'm exhausted? Yeah, Slithis isn't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment