9/11/15

The Kiss: Mini-Capsule

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to write about 1988's The Kiss, and I'll be offline for most of the weekend.  But!  That doesn't change the fact that this film was much, much more palatable than I was expecting.  I don't know why, but I was under the impression that The Kiss was a lowborn bathing b-beauty.  Like, the cinematic equivalent of a gutter slut.  Make no mistake; it's punctured with slip-ups, but it actually has a budget in the seven-digit range.  The first act is intriguing, and the special effects are primarily solid (the less said about Demon Cat, the better).

Plotty-plot-plot?  Um, raging voodoo cunt tries to pass curse to cute niece.  Why did I compile the synopsis as if it were a newspaper headline?  I told you I was pressed for time.  Stay at my level.  Anyway, this is fun stuff with a finale so over the top, you have to giggle.  Pure 80's creamer.

Maybe on Monday, I'll finally get around to another Stuff I'm Listening To.  Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment