4/21/20

A Band: Empire of the Moon

No, Empire of the Moon is not a chintzy sci-fi flick from the 80's (it fucking should be); it's a Hellenic black metal band.  Don't know why, but "kvlt" bands from Greece usually bring something special to the table.  Empire bring booming production and thrash-inspired leads.  Ah, I love it when shredding and black metal collide.  At the moment, I'm listening to this past January's Eclipse.  Across the interwebs, you'll see that title spelled in Greek symbols.  I'm a 'Murican, damn it!

Despite only having two long players to their credit, Empire of the Moon formed in 1996.  I feel cool jamming to their shit.  That's what you should take away from this column.  I.  Am.  Cool.  And dreadfully alone.  Look at those spooky dudes!


No comments:

Post a Comment