12/3/20

Rassle Inn #12


So I guess Tony Khan wasn't too far off-base when he claimed that his promotion would be changing the power of balance in wrestling.  Sure, his oral ejaculation was a bit premature, but last night's winter-themed episode of Dynamite still has fans nattering with zing and verve.  I highly enjoyed it.  I'm not going to recap the card and inspect every match, but I will say that I have reservations about the two main...um, events from the show.  NOTE: These are minor objections.  I'm on board and I can't wait to see what transpires.

Sting!  He's awesome.  He's also a senior fucking citizen who signed a multi-year contract with All Elite Wrestling.  As a fan, all I can do is hope that the guy doesn't wrestle, and if he does, he limits himself to a single match/angle (Jericho could be a viable opponent).  God, I sound like an intransigent fuddy-duddy.  A proper square, if you will.  But what purpose will Sting serve?  At the very least, he gave us one hell of a segment.  I had no idea that staredowns and impromptu blizzards worked so well together.

Impact!  In my veracious opinion, the championship match between Jon Moxley and Kenny Omega was mostly incredible.  I dug the twist ending, but I'm afraid that Impact might pull AEW down a peg.  I realize that it's not TNA from five or ten years ago, but dude, have you watched the product lately?  There is an ongoing murder mystery.  And it's played for dopey laughs.  The wrestling is fine, but I repeat, there is an ongoing murder mystery.  Up until now, AEW's gold has been protected and prestigious.  I pray to the wrasslin' gods (Wrath and Mortis) that the top belt remains unsullied.

Oh, the picture.  I'm sorry, guys.  I am officially anti-Orange Cassidy.  This was not a verdict I reached lightly, but it has been over a year.  Where else does the gimmick go?  The character hasn't evolved to the point where he can be taken seriously as a major player.  Jungle Boy should have won the opening battle royal, which was admittedly entertaining (Miro looked great).  In fact, I would start separating him from his Jurassic Express stablemates.  Jack Perry is a fucking star.  Okay, I've sniveled enough.

Did anyone watch NXT?  Serious question.

No comments:

Post a Comment