11/4/21

Oliver Reed Hates You


This isn't a review per se.  I got shit to do!  But I did feel compelled to make note of the fact that I watched 1989's The House of Usher (a.k.a. Oliver Reed is Inebriated and Wants Fuck).  There are eleventy billion adaptations of Poe's short story, but only this one claimed both Reed and Donald Pleasence in its ranks.  The latter gets to transort against type as a blackguard with a power drill for a hand.  Just like in the story!  The film is rated "R" for libidinous petting.  No, I have no earthly idea why it's rated "R," aside from Oliver Reed being himself.

TRUE STORY: Oliver Reed once yelled, "Shit!  Bitch!" at waterfowl.  Anyway, Usher was halfway decent.  A 3-Z'Dar affair, if you're keeping count.  Currently, I'm in pre-production (lol) on a listicle.  I hate making lists, so this is a big step for me.  And for mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment