11/25/21

Wormface


How was your summer vaca--er, Thanksgiving?  Honestly, this is my least favorite holiday.  I realize that it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't care for most Thanksgiving food.  Turkey is cool.  It's an upstanding meat, but you can keep your mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce (seriously, what the fuck?), stuffing, candied yams, and your butternut squash (see my comment on cranberry sauce).  It wasn't made to infiltrate my paunch.  Worms on the other hand...

No, I only gobble gummy worms.  That brings me to today's subject, an extended player (or EP, if you're fussy) cast loose by Cannibal Corpse.  I've mentioned it before, but I won't be scrawling full-length reviews for the band's shorter releases.  I will piddle and put down words concerning 2003's Worm Infested.  When I bought my CC hoodie, this disc was included.  I was awfully hankful, as I doubt that I would have purchased it otherwise.  It's hard for me to justify parting with cash in exchange for twenty minutes (on average) of music.  I would have heard the songs eventually, but then I wouldn't own the artwork.

Typically, I try not to post explicit nudity on the site, even in cartoon form.  Vincent Locke's interpretation of the title is stomach-churning in a groovy way.  Nice color scheme, too.  As for the material, we get two outtakes from the Gore Obsessed studio sessions, three covers, and a re-recorded version of "The Undead Will Feast."  The outtakes make me super curious about other leftovers in the vault.  If there are one or two unheard threnodies for each CC album, holy shit.  Release them now!

At any rate, I'm curious because "Worm Infested" and "Systematic Elimination" kick tremendous ass.  The act of headbanging?  It was invented for these rippers.  The covers are fine.  I could take them or leave them, but they do display George's range.  So I've written more than I thought I would, but I'll be back in a few days to slobber on a long player.  That didn't sound incredibly right.

No comments:

Post a Comment