2/20/23

With all due respect to fumbles...


As WWE's women's division fumbles to position a challenger for Bianca Belair, is there any doubt that Mercedes Mone made the right move?  Not from where I'm sitting.  I caught the replay of NJPW's Battle in the Valley yesterday, and I must admit, the IWGP Women's Championship match succeeded as a main event where Okada/Tanahashi didn't.  Don't get me wrong; the latter collision was fine, but it's a superannuated rivalry.  We've seen it before.  Mone and Kairi delivered something new and fresh.  Meanwhile, WWE delivered the Elimination Chamber, which looked like a drunken fumble recovery.

Huh, I used "fumble" twice.  That can't be a good harbinger of things to come.  Speaking of the future, I'm cancelling my Peacock subscription after Wrestlemania.  I'm paying for too many services every month, and none of them offer cheeseburgers.  Thus, I question their true value.  Later, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment