7/25/20

An Unreview of "The Wind"


What is an unreview?  Well, it's where I'm mentally enervated and bereft of the time necessary to devote to a proper critique of a film.  This won't be a recurring column.  I just want to document the fact that I've seen 1986's The Wind.  It's exceptional.  Directed by Nico Mastorakis, it's a suffocating chiller that finds Meg Foster fending for herself in a luxurious Greek locale overlooking choppy, imposing ocean water.  She plays an author of crime pulp, and wouldn't you know it?  She is being stalked by the caretaker.

Oh, the caretaker.  I didn't know it when I purchased the Blu-ray, but our villain is Wings (fucking) Hauser.  Fuck to the yeah!  He's pretty much perfect here.  The entire cast earns high marks, with Steve Railsback turning in a medium-sized, yet no less memorable performance as a...sailor/detective?  Okay, so his character is vague, but it works.  The Wind is all about atmosphere anyway.  The cinematography is breathtaking.  If you're curious, this is a 4-Z'Dar banger.  I'm off to watch sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment