7/9/20

Rassle Inn #5


Last week, I fought my inhibitions and won.  I posted an image of...erm, some guy to adorn this column.  This week, it's business as usual.  Candice LeRae is hot as a heel, and I'm loving the purple-silver locks.  It's ironic that I'm using a current NXT talent as the frontispiece, as I preferred night two of AEW's Fyter Fest to what the Great American Bash delivered.  NXT didn't suck.  Needles to say, the wrestling was more than competent.  The presentation was just bland.  I don't care at all about Keith Lee or Johnny Gargano or Bronson Reed or Dexter Lumis or even the luchador stable that will be buried by this time next year.

The women's division is stronger, but in my opinion, it's the only thing that WWE/NXT can hang over Tony Khan's head.  Fyter Fest felt consistent for two hours.  I was highly skeptical on the main event, but Cassidy and Jericho made it work.  I knew that Le Champion was going to reign victorious.  Or did I?  There were a couple of moments where I wasn't so sure.  The eight-man tag was boffo.  I loved every second of it, and I can't wait to see where these teams soar next.  I mean, fuck.  That's a tag team division.

PS-I wasn't shitting on AEW's ladies.  They're kool (yes, with a "k"), but they aren't featured quite enough, and as fate would have it, a few of their best workers are on injury reserve.  At least they have found a way to include an infirm Britt Baker.  She is truly America's roll model (sic).

No comments:

Post a Comment