8/31/22

Blood Capsule #127

BLACK RIVER (2001)

Koontz Bloody Koontz has ended with a whimper.  I don't know what I was expecting out of Black River, but the listed plot summary should have tipped me off.  It's a multiplex entanglement, so try to stay with me.  "A writer visits a town that isn't what it seems to be."  Quite the morass.  Jay Mohr performs as the writer in question.  He's about as perfervid and impassioned as...well, remember his seasons of SNL?  Yeah, that's the kind of excitement we're working with here.  His character is manipulated by shady customers, but these nefarious powers don't actually do anything.  Their bedevilment amounts to nothing more than a few mysterious phone calls.

The anticlimax hits like a dismantled bomb.  Ugh, I've written too much about this made-for-TV thud.  Thanks a lot, Koontz!

No comments:

Post a Comment