3/28/24

The Gall of Chucky


I've been seeing advertisements for the upcoming season of Chucky.  Having never imbibed the series, I sat down to watch the first episode last night.  And that's about all I'm going to watch.  What the hell was that???  It doesn't bother me that Don Mancini is straining to be woke, but this is ridiculous.  In what universe would a middle schooler host a "true crime" podcast?  Don't even get me started on the talent show segment.  Normally, a supernaturally-charged slasher would be able to fall back on its inventive kills, but here, we get Chucky electrocuting someone via vomit.  Wow.

Does this show get any better?  Should I try one of the later seasons?  Or should I just stick with Child's Play 2?  I should mention that I dig the entire franchise, but the second entry is unequivocally rad.  Maybe it's just nostalgia talking.  Let me know if I should give Chucky another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment