3/25/24

Dom vs. Evil Ernie


I don't review many comics these days (and let's be honest, my knowledge of the medium was always suspect), but I'm still buying them at a feverish pace.  Every once in awhile, I read one so groovy, I have to tell someone about it.  Today, that someone is you.  Congratulations!

So I recently picked up Evil Ernie vs. The Movie Monsters, which dropped in March of 1997.  My God, that was 27 years ago.  I'd rather not dwell on that.  Anyway, our story follows Ernie as he visits a tumbledown amusement park after hours.  It's meant to mimic Universal Studios.  Sure enough, we run into copyright-friendly versions of Dracula, The Wolf Man, and Frankenstein among others (a certain hockey mask makes an appearance).  If you guessed that Ernie butchers all of them, you'd be right, but his first instinct is to act like a fanboy.  These monsters are his heroes!  I knew I dug Ernie for a reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment