1/5/10

All my friends are brown and red...

While you're waiting for my next (delayed) review, I thought I'd post my random thoughts on the Soundgarden reunion. I'm super stoked about it. I doubt that Chris Cornell can hit half of the high notes anymore, but this means that we might get a new studio album. I can't believe it. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden are all currently active. I never thought I'd see the day. Oh, I completely forgot about the reunited Faith No More...d'oh! Is it too late for these bands to save hard rock? I don't think so. If AIC's Black Gives Way to Blue is any indication, this decade is going to be much less nauseating than the last one in terms of mainstream rock.

Remember when rock radio was listenable? I know that rock radio does because I've been hearing the same songs on every station for the past 20 years! Thankfully, the musicians who wrote those songs are back to show 'em how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment